Draft Needs & Projections

hatnlvr

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
I really wanted Odunze, but can't complain about Fashanu. He can immediately be plugged in for either Tackle "when" they get hurt, and gives us a solid OT for the future.

Solid pick and hopefully his work ethic isn't on the Becton level.

Old#15

Old Wise Tale
Jet Fanatics
I really wanted Odunze, but can't complain about Fashanu. He can immediately be plugged in for either Tackle "when" they get hurt, and gives us a solid OT for the future.

Solid pick and hopefully his work ethic isn't on the Becton level.
This kid is different, more Brick-like. Smart (finalist for Campbell trophy - ‘academic Heisman’), and showed great improvement and growth in his years at PSU. I thought it was a pipe dream 2 months ago for him to fall to #10, and really nothing changed about him but the QB/WR stampede.

SackExchange

Jet Fanatic
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Didn’t see you comment on our pick. What do you think?
I like it long-term. I was never really on the Bowers bandwagon.

Purely on how well they play their position, I liked Fuaga a little more at RT than Fashanu at LT. That said, I understand the pick because of positional value. It's easier to find a franchise RT than it is a franchise LT. We got spoiled with D'Brick. Think about an organization not having to think about a premium position like LT for a decade. That's what we had with D'Brick. And I think that's what we just got last night.

I would not even consider moving him to guard. Let him be the swing tackle. He'll get his snaps. Hopefully, his snaps will come with the other two starting OTs being healthy. But now, the franchise is absolutely set at LT for the long haul. He's the best pass blocker in this draft, and perhaps the best in a few years worth of drafts.

SackExchange

Jet Fanatic
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
This kid is different, more Brick-like. Smart (finalist for Campbell trophy - ‘academic Heisman’), and showed great improvement and growth in his years at PSU. I thought it was a pipe dream 2 months ago for him to fall to #10, and really nothing changed about him but the QB/WR stampede.
The Brick comparison is fair. I don't know if he ends up being a perennial All Pro like Tyron Smith has been, but he has a high floor and shuts down speed rushers.

TebowCan'tThrow

Supersize!
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Yeah he seemed really intelligent and a good kid.

TebowCan'tThrow

Supersize!
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
I like it long-term. I was never really on the Bowers bandwagon.

Purely on how well they play their position, I liked Fuaga a little more at RT than Fashanu at LT. That said, I understand the pick because of positional value. It's easier to find a franchise RT than it is a franchise LT. We got spoiled with D'Brick. Think about an organization not having to think about a premium position like LT for a decade. That's what we had with D'Brick. And I think that's what we just got last night.

I would not even consider moving him to guard. Let him be the swing tackle. He'll get his snaps. Hopefully, his snaps will come with the other two starting OTs being healthy. But now, the franchise is absolutely set at LT for the long haul. He's the best pass blocker in this draft, and perhaps the best in a few years worth of drafts.
Bowers was a luxury pick and JD has had his problems with the OL. He has to keep Rodgers healthy.

Retired AFA

Repeat Offender Pro Bowler
Jet Fanatics
JD usually does okay with the first 3 Rds. It's the 4th thru 7th Rds where he has trouble finding the occasional gem. He does better after the Draft when it's time to sign the undrafted FA.

Retired AFA

Jet Fanatics
Why is it that all the good teams are trading up in the 4th Round and JD in trading back for CRAP. A 2nd RB who will be on the practice squad. A CFL CB who never played college ball. These are the Gems JD is wasting picks on.

Last edited:

Gramoah

Retired but not Tired
Jet Fanatics
Why is it that all the good teams are trading up in the 4th Round and JD in trading back for CRAP. A 2nd RB who will be on the practice squad. A CFL CB who never played college ball. These are the Gems JD is wasting picks on. This is what you call a crapshoot? This is an idiot who has NO idea what the 4 thru the 7th Rd of the Draft is all about.
I wasn't expecting much considering the picks we had but like you I felt that continually trading back to get more later picks while passing on some decent players for depth was not something I was hoping to see.

Retired AFA

Jet Fanatics
If you want depth. Sign the players after the draft, but during the draft go for the best players. JD traded a 4th for a 3rd next year with the Lions. Whose to say that next years Draft is going to be stacked like this years draft class.

cheaterhater

I've Lost My Fucking Mind
Superior Ass
Jets Global
I think the Jets went in to this draft wanting the tackle, the receiver, and the qb that we drafted and we made sure we got those 3 players. We used the 2 6ths to get the qb that a lot of us wanted. Outside of that, everyone here wanted a RB and a safety. We drafted a rb and a cb. I’m good with what happened. Now. Fucking lift the curse so it all works out in our favor.

yes, I would have liked another olineman, but can’t have it all

it was a strange draft with all the trading back, but we got just about everything that was on our list.

I‘ll wait for the season to start to bitch

Gramoah

Retired but not Tired
Jet Fanatics
I think the Jets went in to this draft wanting the tackle, the receiver, and the qb that we drafted and we made sure we got those 3 players. We used the 2 6ths to get the qb that a lot of us wanted. Outside of that, everyone here wanted a RB and a safety. We drafted a rb and a cb. I’m good with what happened. Now. Fucking lift the curse so it all works out in our favor.

yes, I would have liked another olineman, but can’t have it all

it was a strange draft with all the trading back, but we got just about everything that was on our list.

I‘ll wait for the season to start to bitch
I agree we did get the main positions most of us wanted but I still think we could have gotten more and we still might from the undrafted group.