Jets future

butterscotch

Jester Jet
Jets Global
All kidding aside I really feel the Jets are in a good position. The fish still have not figured it out. The bills are on the down slide ((slowly). Both teams look to have had an average draft. I see the Jets as a good draft this year...again it all comes down to Rodgers is he still good & will he play three years. In three years, I see us in a SB at least once. If he is one & done or four plays & done the bet is off.

But

At the worst I see the Jets as a playoff team or very close over the next few years. Which means we will not have a top ten pick in the draft. So, if our QB pick this year is not the answer & we have good seasons but don't win the SB?????? I see us having to pick another middle round QB in the next few years or sell the draft to trade up at some point. OR_______trade for a qb from the over the 30 lot in the league......So I hope this years guy is the answer,

LRJets

First Round Tender
Jet Fanatics
The Jets really look good on paper. We fans hoped and hoped for the future of specific players.
Hope it happens, finally.
In the past, we got bubkas! (Look that up).
The only future for sure is in Philly.
Cheesesteak Futures to skyrocket!

Bigmoe

Happily Confused
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Zen;
No future :
Live in the eternal now, free of time and space. My new philosophy on the Jets

Although I also live my Jets philosophy in the eternal past
Ugh

SackExchange

Jet Fanatic
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
What I like about the Jets' draft is that it was for the future. All the talk going in was how the team needed to take guys who will contribute immediately. The reality is, I think the Jets are far more set up for the long term because of this draft. Fashanu will almost assuredly not start coming out of camp if both starting OTs are healthy, but he is legit the LT of the future. Travis will likely redshirt this year, but now there is a talented QB in the org for what happens when Rodgers is done. Corley may be more of a contributor right away, but that's to be expected at that position.

The point of this whole diatribe is, the Jets didn't do as much to help the team immediately, but the team is much more set up for sustained success because of this draft.

cheaterhater

I've Lost My Fucking Mind
Superior Ass
Jets Global
What I like about the Jets' draft is that it was for the future. All the talk going in was how the team needed to take guys who will contribute immediately. The reality is, I think the Jets are far more set up for the long term because of this draft. Fashanu will almost assuredly not start coming out of camp if both starting OTs are healthy, but he is legit the LT of the future. Travis will likely redshirt this year, but now there is a talented QB in the org for what happens when Rodgers is done. Corley may be more of a contributor right away, but that's to be expected at that position.

The point of this whole diatribe is, the Jets didn't do as much to help the team immediately, but the team is much more set up for sustained success because of this draft.
Yes! Exactly what I hoped from from this draft! Anything else meant JD was planning to be gone after this season, but he stuck with building the team long term

TebowCan'tThrow

Supersize!
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global

I think getting a contributing pass catcher was necessary. They got one. Getting a LT for depth this year was a nice pick. Thats why I was against a WR/TE first because getting an OL that was any more than a project would have been impossible at 72. I like having a QB that is easy to cheer for. A big RB was another nice pickup. Grabbing a second RB was a real head scratcher as well as all the trade downs. So we got 3 players that could be contributing heavily next year and 3 that probably won't ever with a QB that could in 3 years. I wouldn't say this draft was a home run, but if Olu pans out then it could be.

With all that said, JD and Saleh have to win this year. Nice pieces has to turn into a 12 win team and deep playoff run. Anything less is a failure.

Last edited:

SackExchange

Jet Fanatic
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
I think getting a contributing pass catcher was necessary. They got one. Getting a LT for depth this year was a nice pick. Thats why I was against a WR/TE first because getting an OL that was any more than a project would have been impossible at 72. I like having a QB that is easy to cheer for. A big RB was another nice pickup. Grabbing a second RB was a real head scratcher as well as all the trade downs. So we got 3 players that could be contributing heavily next year and 3 that probably won't ever with a QB that could in 3 years. I wouldn't say this draft was a home run, but if Olu pans out then it could be.

With all that said, JD and Saleh have to win this year. Nice pieces has to turn into a 12 win team and deep playoff run. Anything less is a failure.
The team certainly looks like it is built to win. I think more pressure is on Saleh because from the looks of this roster, it should be competing for a 12-5 record. JD did his job. It's up to Saleh to do his.

As for OT, you are right. The Jets got the combination of Olu and Corley. There was a late second round run on OTs, taking Paul, Kingsley, Rosengarten, and Fisher off the board. So the Jets would have had the possibility of trading up, like they did, for Coleman, or staying put and getting either the kid from Yale or Goncalves.

I would much rather have the combo of Olu and Corley than having Rome and either Coleman or Goncalves.

Retired AFA

Repeat Offender Pro Bowler
Jet Fanatics
IMHO the RB we drafted last year Abannakaka or however you spell his name needs to produce. These 2 RB we drafted are hungry to take his position away from him.

SackExchange

Jet Fanatic
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
IMHO the RB we drafted last year Abannakaka or however you spell his name needs to produce. These 2 RB we drafted are hungry to take his position away from him.
I would like to think Izzy would be a keeper, if for no other reason than he provides something that neither Hall nor the two drafted RBs offer.

Gramoah

Retired but not Tired
Jet Fanatics
Is that fuckin cat been whispering in your ear again ? I’m still pissed at his draft picking 😼😼😼
Yep. it's the cat again but to be fair he didn't pass over Bowers to draft Fashanu. He just told us that was what the Jets were planning on doing.

Last edited:

TonyFtLaud

I requested to be BANNED
Jet Fanatics
Izzy was always a project, the 2 backs Allen and Davis are more NFL ready and will likely surpass him on the depth chart.
Izzy's draft position will keep him on the roster.